Cylvia Hayes, Founder and CEO
Cylvia has 20 years of professional experience empowering social entrepreneurs to become wildly successful while doing good for our world. She combines deep knowledge of sustainability, social enterprise, and new economy issues with deep heart, spirit and wisdom. Cylvia knows that how we interact with our inner environments directly affects the work we deliver in the outer environment.
Cylvia is an expert in collaborative and conscious leadership.
She is a member of the Unity Worldwide Ministries Earth Care Core Team and is a Senior Fellow and former member of the Board of Directors of the American Leadership Forum Oregon.
In her role as First Lady of Oregon from 2011 to 2015, Cylvia led the Oregon Prosperity Initiative working to stamp out poverty and hunger. She was an unpaid policy advisor to the Governor on the issues of clean energy and economic development.
She has substantial experience in clean energy, climate and new economy policy and co-chaired the Oregon Renewable Energy Working Group which developed Oregon’s Renewable Energy Standard, Renewable Fuels Standard and other clean energy policies.
Cylvia has been honored as aTop 50 Leader in Oregon by OregonBusiness Magazine, a Top 40 Under 40 by Cascade Business News and as a Central Oregon Earth Star. She has a Master’s degree in Environmental Studies from Evergreen State College.
Hayes is author of:
- Green Jobs Growth Plan: An Eight Year Map to a Green Economy in Oregon.
- An Analysis of Clean Energy Workforce Needs and Programs in Oregon, which has been named a national best practice by the U.S. EPA.
- Roadmap to Increasing Sustainability Measures and Fiscal Viability within the Energy and Weatherization Programs: Serving Working Families in a 21st Century Economy.
- Building a 21st Century Sustainable Economy, published in Just Below the Surface: Perspectives on the Gulf Coast Oil Spill.
- She is a regular contributor to Grist and Huffington Post.
Cylvia has significant international experience including conducting sustainable development and urban design discussions in Curitiba Brazil and leading a State of Oregon trade mission to Ghangzhou China. She is a member of the Global Wellbeing lab funded by government of Germany, with work in Brazil and Bhutan.
Cylvia's full CV can be found here.
Also see write up by The Evergreen State College here.
Linked In profile can be found here.