3EStrategiesCylvia Hayes, Founder and CEO
Cylvia has 23 years of professional experience in sustainable energy, economic development, green jobs, green building and sustainable forestry and agriculture. Cylvia co-chaired the Oregon Renewable Energy Working Group which developed Oregon’s Renewable Energy Standard, Renewable Fuels Standard and other clean energy policies. She is a Fellow and on the Board of Directors of the American LeadershipForum Oregon.
Cylvia has been honored as aTop 50 Leader in Oregon by OregonBusiness Magazine, a Top 40 Under 40 by Cascade Business News and as a CentralOregon Earth Star. She has a Master’s degreein Environmental Studies from Evergreen State College.
Hayes is author of:
- Green Jobs Growth Plan: An Eight Year Map to a Green Economy inOregon.
- An Analysis of Clean Energy Workforce Needs and Programs in Oregon, which has been named a nationalbest practice by the U.S. EPA.
- Roadmap to Increasing Sustainability Measures and Fiscal Viabilitywithin the Energy and Weatherization Programs: Serving Working Families in a 21st Century Economy.
- Building a 21st Century Sustainable Economy, published in Just Below the Surface: Perspectives on the Gulf Coast Oil Spill.
- She is a regular contributor toGrist and Huffington Post.
In her role as First Lady of Oregon, Cylvia is leading the Oregon Prosperity Initiative working to stamp out poverty and hunger. She is a policy advisor to the Governor onthe issues of clean energy and economic development.